It is important that all residents respond to the Census to assure that Ohio will have the number of Representatives in the US Congress based upon all residents and that Wood County receives their equitable share of the $624 BILLION awarded annually by the Federal Government. During fiscal year 2018, Wood County received $12,323,587 in Federal and State funding.
The census can be completed either by mail, phone or, for the first time, at a secure on line website. Choose which method you prefer to answer the 7 questions when you receive the Census Bureau invitation in mid March. Census results are for statistical purposes only and by law are kept strictly confidential. Other than the Census Bureau, Government entities and law enforcement agencies do not have access to the data. Log on to the Census Bureau website at 2020census.gov for more information.
The Seven 2020 Census Questions:
- How many people are living or staying at your home on April 1, 2020.
- Whether the home is owned or rented.
- About the sex of each person in your home.
- About the age of each person in your home.
- About the race of each person in your home.
- About whether a person in your home is of Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin.
- About the relationship of each person in your home.
Questions the Census will NEVER ask:
- Your Social Security number.
- Money or donations.
- Anything on behalf of a political party.
- Your bank or credit card account numbers.
Personal information is kept CONFIDENTIAL. The Census Bureau is bound by federal law to protect your information, and your data is used only for statistical purposes.
72 years following a decennial census, individual data is made publicly available.
Contact email@example.com if you receive questionable information on the 2020 Census.
- Summary of Round 1 of TechCred
- 2.2 million was used in round 1
- 234 companies had their submissions approved to use TechCred dollars on a total of 1500 individuals
- About 1500 individuals were funded earning 1576 credentials
- 219 new credentials were added bringing total to 379
- Round 2 starts January 2nd ends January 31st
- 12.8 million left
- expecting 6-8 million to be approved in second round
- TechCred is funded and approved for both 2020 and 2021
- Rules clarified
- 2K cap for an individual per round. Funding can be used on the same person each individual round
- 30k cap for companies each year
- can be approved for funding employees not yet hired
- taking about 6 weeks to get approval
- micro-credentialing is encouraged and is quickly approved as compared to past approval processes