It is important that all residents respond to the Census to assure that Ohio will have the number of Representatives in the US Congress based upon all residents and that Wood County receives their equitable share of the $624 BILLION awarded annually by the Federal Government. During fiscal year 2018, Wood County received $12,323,587 in Federal and State funding.
The census can be completed either by mail, phone or, for the first time, at a secure on line website. Choose which method you prefer to answer the 7 questions when you receive the Census Bureau invitation in mid March. Census results are for statistical purposes only and by law are kept strictly confidential. Other than the Census Bureau, Government entities and law enforcement agencies do not have access to the data. Log on to the Census Bureau website at 2020census.gov for more information.
The Seven 2020 Census Questions:
- How many people are living or staying at your home on April 1, 2020.
- Whether the home is owned or rented.
- About the sex of each person in your home.
- About the age of each person in your home.
- About the race of each person in your home.
- About whether a person in your home is of Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin.
- About the relationship of each person in your home.
Questions the Census will NEVER ask:
- Your Social Security number.
- Money or donations.
- Anything on behalf of a political party.
- Your bank or credit card account numbers.
Personal information is kept CONFIDENTIAL. The Census Bureau is bound by federal law to protect your information, and your data is used only for statistical purposes.
72 years following a decennial census, individual data is made publicly available.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you receive questionable information on the 2020 Census.