Now through July 18, The Art Supply Depo will be offering 20% off all Etchr Watercolor Journals and 40% on select professional grade watercolor materials. Starting June 29 their updated hours will be Monday-Saturday, 11am-6pm, closed Sunday. Masks are required for shopping; limited to three customers in the shop at a time. For more information call 419-352-9501.
The Bowling Green Community Center has reopened to passholders with new hours and procedures. Be sure to read the guidelines before going.
Sylvan Learning Center is offering a $95 Assessment for their Summer Sessions. For more information or to register call 419-353-7608.
They will re-open to the public on July 6. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday 10am-4pm & Saturday and Sunday from 1-4 pm. The Museum is closed on County Holidays.
They welcome you to visit, but please note the following changes put in place for the safety of our visitors and staff:
- The museum will be open for self-guided tours Monday – Friday 10 AM – 4 PM and on weekends from 1-4 PM.
- In addition to the museum, three buildings will be open at the site: the Lunatic Asylum, Pestilence House, and Ice House. The asylum and pestilence house exhibits are also available online at woodcountyhistory.org. There is also an outdoor porch exhibit that will rotate throughout the summer.
- Visitors are expected to wear a face mask or covering while inside the Museum.
- Please be mindful to keep a six-foot distance from other visitors. The 30,000 square-foot building provides ample room for social distancing.
- Hand-sanitizer stations are available throughout the museum.
They have officially moved to their new office at 326 Industrial Parkway. Their mailing address is PO Box 235, Bowling Green. They are also accepting applications for two home they are building in Wayne. Construction will begin in 2021.
Bryan Ellis, The Natural Science Technology Center at Toledo Public School's Aerospace & Natural Science Academy, will present on the program ANSAT provides students, trends in educating the Ag-focused workforce, and use of technology and drone training at the school. Register online for the forum.
11am-2pm; Glass City Federal Credit Union, 1275 N Main St
Glass City Federal Credit Union and Allshred Services will be offering area residents the opportunity to have confidential papers shredded and recycled. Allshred will provide an on-site shred truck to securely shred documents. There is a limit of up to five bags or boxes of paper items per person. No electronics of computer equipment will be accepted. Event is free and open to the public.
Engage your teen in discussions, games, and activities that will prepare them to be an adult in the modern world. Money Club focuses on how beliefs and emotions affect our relationship with money, our money personality type and how to build healthy financial habits. The Camp will consist of five two-hour classes with coaching from certified Sylvan tutors. For more information call 419-353-7608
- B2B Sales Boost e-Newsletter
- BGSU Biz News
- Black Swamp Chanticleer
- Black Swamp Players - The Fresnel
- Center for Women and Gender Equity
- Convention & Visitors Bureau E-News & Events
- Montessori School of Bowling Green Friday Features
- NAMI Wood County Cable Lite
- Scam Alerts from the Better Business Bureau
- Wood County District Public Library
- Wood County Health Department
- Wood County Park District
- Wood County Prevention Coalition
- Wood Soil & Water Conservation District
City, State, & Federal Updates
- July 14 - Special Meeting of City Council
City Council will hold a special meeting on July 14 at 6:00 pm in Council Chamber, 304 N. Church St. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss a face mask mandate within the City of Bowling Green.
Per City Council, anyone wishing to attend the meeting must wear a facial covering/mask. In order to adhere to social distancing, seating will be limited and those attending may be asked to wait in the hallway 6 feet from the person in front of them. Those wishing to address Council may do so by signing up for lobby visitation just outside of the Council Chamber or by sending written comment to the Clerk of Council at firstname.lastname@example.org. If written comment is sent, please include in the subject line – Lobby Visitation comment. All written comment received by 3:00 pm on July 14 will be read into the record.
An agenda will be posted to the City’s website www.bgohio.org on Monday, July 13.
The meeting will also be streamed via YouTube Live at www.bgohio.org/meetings.
- Knollwood Sewer Work
The Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Division will be repairing a sewer lateral on Knollwood Drive on July 13 and 14. As a result, Knollwood, from Ordway to Crestview, will be closed to traffic each day from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm. This schedule is dependent upon progress of work and weather.
- Thurstin/Flanders Paving
The Thurstin Avenue and Flanders Avenue paving project will begin in July. The project area is as follows: Thurstin Avenue, from Ridge to Poe, and Flanders Avenue, from Bourgogne to Normandie. The same contractor will do both projects. Concrete work on Thurstin Avenue is tentatively scheduled to begin during the first full week of July. This will include ADA ramps and sporadic driveway ramps and is anticipated to last at least two weeks. Following the concrete work on Thurstin, milling will occur – first on Thurstin and then on Flanders. Once the roadway on Flanders has been milled, the contractor will pave Thurstin and then Flanders.
On-street parking will be impacted and intermittent traffic delays will occur. The above schedule is dependent upon weather and progress of work.
- Ongoing Capital Projects
- The City of Bowling Green Official Website
- June Consumer Advocate
- Electric Vehicle Charging Study
- DriveOhio I-70 Truck Automation Corridor Project
- 2019 CSI Annual Report
- ODOT Construction Update
- OHGO.com - Real-time traffic updates in Ohio.