We are now located at 217 S Church St
Annual Community Fireworks Display
July 3, 2021
This year will mark a new partnership between the City, Chamber, National Tractor Pulling Championships, and the Wood County Agricultural Society. The National Tractor Pulling Championships have offered their property located along Haskins Road to be the launch site for the fireworks. This new location will provide a larger area for launching, as well as visibility from many locations in that area. The Wood County Agricultural Society will be allowing spectators to park behind the fairgrounds in the lot off of Brim Road with over flow parking available in the lot across from the fairgrounds on Poe Road. Spectators must adhere to guidelines given by Ben Robison, Director of the Wood County Health Department, which means remaining by their vehicles, wearing masks, and staying socially distanced at all times.
Ways to help fund the upcoming fireworks:
- Think BG BOOM t-shirts are available on the Three Cord website (formally Aardvark) at https://threecord.itemorder.com/sale The shirts come in a variety of colors for $25. A portion of the cost goes to the fireworks fund. Support you can wear!
- June 16th 4:00-7:00 p.m. Annual Pork-A-Lean fundraiser at the Bowling Green Farmer's Market located on the corner of S. Main St. & Clough St. This is a donation-based event.
- Donations can also be placed in containers at several businesses located around BG. Please watch for other fundraisers and donation opportunities to help keep the firework tradition alive.
- Tax-deductible donations of $25 or more can be made online by visiting https://www.bgchamber.net/foundation/
- Volunteers needed:
- June 16th Pork-A-Lean fundraiser 3:30 -7:30 p.m.
- July 4th Firework clean-up 8:00 a.m.
Please email email@example.com for volunteer opportunities.
A rain date for the fireworks will be Monday, July 5th