Why Join The BG Chamber of Commerce?The Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce is about people. The Chamber is staffed with professional people who are committed to making Bowling Green an even better place to live and do business. A Chamber investor benefits from discounted programs such as health care and workman's compensation. The Chamber offers educational opportunities through various programs, seminars, speakers and workshops on topics related to the business world. The Chamber offers investors a variety of opportunities in which they can see a return on their investment with our organization. Investors can take advantage of value added services, numerous marketing and promotion opportunities, or participate in our many other services to raise your business profile.
Chamber Investors also have the opportunity to apply for a $1,000 grant that is awarded once per calendar year quarter.
Click here for the Investor Grant Application.
The Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce has contracted with Office Depot/Office Max, through the Northwest Ohio Benefits Alliance, for discount programs for all BGCC Investors and their employees.
Click here to get started with the savings program.
The exclusive discounts include:
- One-stop shopping both online and in store
- Aggressive pricing on technology products
- Special pricing on copy and print services
- A store purchasing card that can be used at any retail locations
Through the Chamber you can take advantage of group buying power through special Alliance plans from Paramount that offer extremely competitive prices and a variety of plan options.
Paramount Insurance Company offers member companies health plans that are discounted as compared to plans offered to non-member companies. Paramount offers a range of plan options to small employers, including HMO and CDHP plans with varying deductibles and out-of-pocket limits.
|2017 Alliance Plans:|
Membership in your local Chamber of Commerce speaks positively about your business, as proven by a national study by The Schapiro Group, an Atlanta-based market research firm. The study reveals that consumers are 63 percent more likely to do business with a company they believe is a member of the chamber.
Other findings include:
- When consumers know that a business is a chamber member, they are 44 percent more likely to think favorably about the business.
- Consumers who are told that a business is a chamber member are 51 percent more likely to be highly aware of it and 57 percent more likely to think positively of its local reputation.
- When business decision-makers believe that a business is a chamber member, they are 37 percent more likely to think favorably of the business, 51 percent more likely to be highly aware of it, 58 percent more likely to think positively of its local reputation and 59 percent more likely to buy goods and services from it.
- 82 percent of respondents believe that the chamber helps create jobs and promotes local economic development.
Who Can Join?Anyone can be a Investor in the Chamber; generally, investors include manufacturers, retailers, corporations, non-profit agencies, and even individuals. Besides being a vehicle to promote the networking system of area business - retail, individual, industrial, professional, manufacturers, and organizations - the chamber also provides programs and services. Joining the Chamber is an opportunity to give back to your community.
As a Chamber Investor, you are a part of a large networking system. The value of the community is of change and economic growth, for the betterment of all citizens. The primary goals of the Chamber are to strengthen and expand existing retail economy, to provide for the retention of current industry and the development of additional industry, to maintain communication in all aspects of the Chamber, and to influence City decisions, keeping abreast of legislative issues on the local, state and national levels affecting business.